Thursday, October 18, 2012

Character Sketches

Here are some character sketches for a new project coming up. We will be learning action scripting in Flash. I'm not sure what kind of story I want to tell, but I thought maybe if I started drawing some characters someone would stand out.


Another current goal of mine is to start working on character drawing that is derived from artists Pascal Campion, and Mary Blair. I had originally started developing this during my undergraduate but wasn't sure how to push my drawing and characters to do what I wanted them to. Recently from further life drawing studies I'm beginning to gain the mental library of poses and actions of people.

Here is a work from my undergraduate:



And here are some works from in-between my Bachelors and Masters.




All of these little drawings are from some unique books I have written, illustrated and bond myself. I love book making and the process of telling a story and completing it. Now I want to take this further and push this drawing style (and story telling), and bring it to life in my animations. But how to do it? Hours of studies and practice... here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment